Monday, February 17, 2014
1st Friday with Jeff Strange - 3/7/14
Get warmed up for the St. Patrick's Day Parade on Saturday, 3/15
On Friday, March 7, Jeff Strange returns to the University Club as part of our 1st Friday Concert Series!
A founding member of internationally known Irish folk band Donnybrook Fair and longtime member of The Newports, Jeff is known for his on-stage patter and energetic performances incorporating a broad selection of Irish, rock and original music.
Jeff will play in the Grille Room from 8:00 - 10:00 p.m. The performance is free and dinner will be served until 9:00 p.m., please call 518-463-1151 for reservations.
On the first Friday of each month, as part of the University Club’s celebration of 1st Friday, one need not be a member to enjoy live music, dinner and dancing in the Grille Room, dress is casual, and cash and major credit cards are accepted. Come be a part of the downtown arts walk that showcases Albany's thriving and lively art scene!
Five Firsts - Courtesy of Nippertown!
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … “Revolver”
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … Tom Rush and Melanie in Harvard Square, Boston
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … A Harmony electric guitar (couldn’t tell you the model, but it was sunburst, and I thought it was sooo cool!)
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … Well, my first public performance was in a high school performance of “Bye, Bye, Birdie,” so I guess my first public song was “Honestly Sincere.” My first “rock” song was “Heaven on Their Minds” from “Jesus Christ Superstar.”
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … called Silverwood. I believe we worked on five songs for a battle of the bands in high school: “Cold Turkey,” “You Really Got A Hold On Me,” “First I Look At The Purse,” “Lodi,” “Homework” … that I still remember this is a freakin’ miracle.